Monday, September 19, 2005

My first driving lesson

On Saturday I had my first driving lesson. At first I felt truly petrified and the teacher had to remind me to relax. After 1 hour of driving around the square, I felt pretty relaxed and started using 2nd and 3rd gear!!

Despite the initial nervousness, I felt I really liked driving and cannot wait for my next lesson, which will be in two weeks. The only thing that worries me is the right/left problem. Here in England they drive on the left and instinctively I kept wanting to go on the right side, which is potentially very dangerous!

....so I have to remind myself, always left, always left, always left and I might just stay alive at the wheel :) and pass my test!

2 comments:

Mindi said...

I want to move to London, but I am so nervous to drive. I mean, I hate to drive in the States so I can't imagine what it will be like on the other side of the road!

Best of luck!!

Erica said...

Thank you Mindi,I hope I will get over my nerves!

It's funny that you want to move to London and I want to move to NY! If you ever come here on holiday, we should meet up for a drink!