Wednesday, February 07, 2007

The Big Freeze

Never mind global warming: the big freezing winter has now officially started in London. So there is me wearing a duvet-like coat and not 1 but 2 jumpers, one with a high neck collar, a big scarf and gloves.
Then there are some women and girls that seem to not care about the cold, just so they can go out with no coat. NO COAT! How can you not wear a coat when it's freezing? Another one I saw this morning on the metro had no underwear, yes you could see that as her trousers were very low and you could see the beginning of her bum. How gross....

I don't know what this is all about, but I rather stay warm than look stylish. Fine, I might look like I live in the North Pole when I go out, but I don't care how I look from home to work or from work to home. Don't get me wrong, I would still dress up for going out but I wouldn't go out half naked. We have summers for that!!

Tonight is supposed to snow, which is a big deal in London as it barely ever happens, so I am excited and maybe hope that the transport system breaks down completely so I will be forced to stay home in my pajamas with a hot chocolate and watch telly all day, under a cosy wolly blanket!

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Snow is totally over-rated unless it allows you to stay home from work.
We have mountains of snow in the parking lot that are a good 20 feet high due to the deluge of snow we received last weekend.
This is the 4th day when we have started out with below zero F temps.
Friday we are going to be a balmy 22. Maybe I will wear my tank top and shorts that day...mmmmm maybe not.

Erica said...

Yes, it is over-rated, but it does look so beautiful, your pictures the other day were gorgeous!
I hope the weather gets better where you are and let's dream of balmy spring and lovely sunshine....

Tinsie said...

I love snow - even when I have to go to work. At the very least, it gives you a good excuse if you're running late ;-)
I'll be very disappointed if I wake up tomorrow and don't find a blanket of white outside my front door. I'm even considering setting the alarm clock extra early to watch it fall, as it's supposed to start snowing around 6:00 AM.
As for wearing no underwear, all I can say is: Urghhhhhhhh!

Marissa said...

ooh i know it's been so frigid here too!! and we don't have ANY snow. :( i mean, if it's going to be this cold we should at least be granted snow!

Erica said...

YEAHHH!!! It was snowing so much this morning I started jumping on my bed for joy! Now I am at work, no luck with the transport chaos, everything went quite smoothly actually and I arrived here on time! I'll post some photos later.

Pam said...

oh no! We're heading to England this weekend...the cold snap will be over and snow melted by then, yes?

The daffodils are starting to pop here, can't believe I may miss their bloom next week.

I've lived with heaps of snow and freezing, really freezing, temps most of my life so 'been there, done that!'

Erica said...

Yes Pam, it should all be over by then! Have a great timein England!

Tinsie - I knew you would love today!! Did you get up at 6am?

Marissa - When I was in NY in Feb 2004 it was so so cold but with plenty of sunshine, which was great as tourists, but the last day we had snow and everything looked so beautiful!

Tinsie said...

I got up at 7:00 - way too early for me, considering I didn't need to leave for work until 9:00 but I was too excited to sleep when there was snow out there!
I had no probs with transport either, I took two buses to get to work, and both were on time. Shock horror.

Anonymous said...

Good post.