Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Ups and Downs

Since I have cut down my smoking (from 20 to 5), I have gone through a lot of up and downs. Sometimes I don't even know who I am anymore. I know it sounds silly, as I haven't even stopped completely. I still feel very proud that I don't smoke at all during the day and go through my stressful job without my usual emotional crutch, and then have my 3 or 5 cigs in the evening.

I am very happy of what I have achieved and here below I want to list all the benefits of not smoking so much anymore:
1) Better skin (no more spots!)
2) Better mood
3) More energy
4) Less laziness (just a general 'wanting to keep busy' to keep my mind off smoking)
5) Better at my job (no more cigs breaks!)
6) Cooking more (see 4)


On top of all the above benefits, I have put on some weight, which it classifies as a benefit for me, as I always was too slim. I now feel more feminine, which is a great boost for my sex life as well!!

So, the only bad effect I have been having is a mild depression once in a while, especially on a Monday morning or at weekends. I suppose I can cope with that, I only hope it will go away soon, as last weekend I spent both days on the sofa watching telly, while my husband was working. The house was a mess, but I just couldn't face cleaning or tidy up. Needless to say, I felt really down.

Today I feel happy; I just have to take one day at a time, and deal with the depressions when they come, as I have learned that they always go away sooner or later!

6 comments:

Kiki said...

I so know what you're going through. I've tried quitting so many times. Finally I quit for a good two months or so because I started taking Zyban. I felt so much better.

Then Cody and I broke up and there was so much stress that I went right back to my vice. I'll quit again...sometime soon.

Good luck though! It can be so rough, but you feel so much better once you quit.

Erica said...

Thanks for your support Kiki! And
good luck too with everything you are trying to achieve in your life.

Karama said...

Congratulattions, Erica! You're right on time for the Great American Smokeout next week (November 17). Good luck!

Mindi said...

Congratulations on quitting!

(And I love the pic!)

Danielle said...

Good for you! That's great to hear... Hope those wonderful benefits continue to motivate you.

Erica said...

Thanks to all of you! Your words will keep me strong.

xx