Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Back from France

Hello, I am back from France! We went to Bolougne-Sur-Mer and Le Touquet and it was beautiful...here is a photo of the beach at Le Touquet:



We actually took the train under the Channel and it was a crazy experience to be shut in a car on a train travelling under the sea! A bit suffocating if I must admit...

Once we were back in London on Saturday night, I drove our car (we just bought it secondhand two weeks ago) for a bit in the center of the city at 10.30 at night, tired from the journey and I made a mess of it. I have only had my licence a little while, as you might know from this post: on top of the world, and this is the third time I have driven our new car, and I should not have done so being late and tired and dark and so on. I was all over the place and making mistakes after mistakes. Nothing happened, but I was disappointed that I wasn't driving very well at all and that I was so nervous. Also I need to get used to the car, it's a sportscar, too powerful and scary, while I learned in a Ford Fiesta, small and practical.

Anyway, I am posting my article right after this, later on today.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Welcome back from France.
I have a dumb question. Do you have to have you passport when going from England to France?

Erica said...

It's not a dumb question! You do need it, but I actually forgot mine on Friday and after we did half hour driving towards the port/station, I realised I forgot it and we had to drive back! Trust me to forget the most important thing...

Marissa said...

welcome back!!! what a beautiful photo you posted. oh and as for the driving, don't be too hard on yourself. at least you're trying, right? recently i went home to mn and drove for the first time in a LONG time, and i was a nervous wreck. at one point i was driving my niece home from kindergarten and she goes, "aunt marissa ... youre doing fine. dont be nervous." you know it's bad when a 5-year-old says that!

i also wanted to say thank you for your comment on my blog -- it really means so much to me! everyone's been commenting with such supportive wonderful messages and it makes me realize (not that i didnt know this before) how fortunate i am to have met such a fantastic group of people through the blogosphere. funny how that happens, right? who knew the internet would become so pivotal in the way we make, and keep, friends. anyway, i'm rambling! welcome back and thank you again!

xo

Erica said...

Thank you Marissa! I hope to get better at this driving business, I just bought ''new driver'' plates, now let's see if drivers will be kinder to me or even worse!
And yes the internet is a great place to meet great friends and so many people follow your reading and love it.