Thursday, February 22, 2007

Awards Fever

The Oscars are happening this Sunday and I cannot wait. Unfortunately over here they will show them Sunday night starting from midnight because of the time difference, so I would have to stay up all night and not go to work the next day, to watch them live....which is something I am very tempted to do.

I hope Martin Scorsese will finally get an Oscar for Best Director, he never won and I think he really deserves to win. What about Best Movie? I have not seen any of the nominated movies so far, but Babel seems quite good, and for me Brad Pitt always helps wanting to watch a movie!

Talking of awards, I don't want to feel left out and so I cheekily ask you to nominate my blog for the BRIT BLOG AWARDS 2007!!!!
Only if you really really think I should be nominated of course....

This is the link you need:
Brit Blog Awards 2007

I don't care about winning, (as that's never likely to happen), but just to be nominated would be a nice accomplishment.

So many thanks for any vote!!

12 comments:

ANNA-LYS said...

I also have hopes for Martin Scorsese!!!! He is worth it!

Marissa said...

I adore Martin Scorsese. He's brilliant! And you absolutely deserve to be nominated (and win!). I, for one, love your blog!
xo

Rachel said...

The Departed was a FANTASTIC movie and definitely Scorsese deserves to win an award for that.
I saw Babel. It was nothing like I expected and I was actually disappointed.

Cheryl said...

I would probably miss work to watch the Oscars live if I had to. But that's pretty easy for me to say, isn't it?

Erica said...

Thank you girls!

Tinsie said...

You could stay up all night to watch them, then go straight to work. If you're totally knackered, you can pretend that you're unwell and go home early ;-)

Pam said...

You've got my vote!
: )

Erica said...

Thanks Pam! And Tinsie, you are right, I could go straight to work with little or no sleep! It's not like I am a brain surgeon!

Tinsie said...

I have a friend who goes to Oscars parties. They finish around 5:00 AM with breakfast, then she gets to work early and does her best to stay awake throughout the day. She's not a brain surgeon either, and she manages just fine. Why don't you give it a try?

Erica said...

Tinsie, I couldn't stay awake! I recorded it and will watch it this evening, but I have already find out who won what. I will probably just look at the dresses!! I loved Reese Witherspoon's one! And I am very happy Martin Scorsese finally won!

Tinsie said...

Check out handbag.com re: Oscar fashions. You can even vote for your favourite dress etc. I voted for Helen Mirren, her dress was stunning!

Unknown said...

Loveloveloved The Departed!