Monday, January 15, 2007

Road Trip

Sorry for the long absence, but I had no internet at work. Today is the first day I was actually able to use it after a few minutes last week. Enough to check a couple of blogs and my emails!
It has been frustrating to say the least and made me realize how much I cannot live without it anymore.

Our road trip was fantastic and made us want to take more and more trips in the future. Also the time with my family was great and I enjoyed spending time with my little nephew Roberto.

Here are some photos of our trip

Civitavecchia, port of Rome



Anguillara and the lake of Bracciano, Rome








Bracciano castle




Rome







Follonica, Tuscany



Aosta, Valle D'Aosta, on the border with France





Nantua, France



Nemours, France



Notre Dame, Paris



Tour Eiffel, Paris



That's it! This was our journey which ended with NYE in Paris. The next day we drove to Calais and took a ferry for Dover, England. Of course I had forgotten my passport back at the hotel in Paris, 3 hours drive away, but the lovely lady at the port let me travel anyway, just with my driving licence for identification.
I must have looked desperate!!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Gorgeous photos. I hope someday to travel overseas. I don't even have a passport yet. My dream vacation is to go on a cruise down the coast of western Europe and then go through the Greek Isles.

Erica said...

Thank you. Your dream trip sounds wonderful! I am sure you will go someday!

I have read all your posts since I have been back, and there so much I want to say and will post comments on some of them. It's just that I have missed so much in this month it's overwhelming!

Anonymous said...

Great photos! Looks like you had a fab time.

Don't you have internet at home?!!

Erica said...

I do, but my husband has an office at home and is always working on the computer and I don't ever get much chance to use it.
But thanks, I am glad you like the photos!

Anonymous said...

Hi :-)
Got to your site from the ever so wonderful Rachel. These pictures are amazing. I'm half Italian and I wish so much I could save enough money to travel there one day.

Anonymous said...

Get your husband to install a netwotk at home. All you need is a router. Then you can get a second pc or laptop, and you can both be online at the same time :-)