Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Tv Love

I love watching US sitcoms and dramas and will not miss an episode of my favourite tv programs. You will probably think I don’t have a social life.
I think I do...with my special tv friends……not really, only joking, I would not stop myself from going out because of something on tv, I would just record it on my Sky+ (like Tivo) and then watch it all on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. We are quite behind in the UK in terms of schedule compared to the US, so please don’t spoil any endings for me!!!

This is my schedule:

Mondays: America’s Next Top Model
Tuesdays: The OC
Wednesdays: Ugly Betty, Desperate Housewives,
Thursdays: ER, Grey’s Anatomy
Fridays: Jericho
Saturdays: The Amazing Race
Sundays: So You Think You Can Dance

And any free time can be also devoted to The King Of Queens, Two and Half Men, Everybody Loves Raymond, Laguna Beach, etc, etc.....

My lovely friend Tinsie is trying to convince me to also watch Battlestar Galactica, but she must now see from the above schedule, that I just do not have any more space in my life or in my Sky+ hard drive for one more series :). Even though she does say it's brilliant!

This is one addiction I don't want to be cured from. I know it's escapism, but it is sweet sweet escapism. And I also read a lot and write this blog, as you know, so I am not just brain dead in front of tv every day, ....well maybe every other day!

8 comments:

Rachel said...

I watch all of your favorite except for Jericho and I stopped watching The OC after the second season.
I won't ruin any of them for you.
When you have the chance watch Heroes. It is a FANTASTIC show. Definitely worth tossing out Jericho for.

Erica said...

Ohh, it's starting next week!! Maybe I can make space for it! I recognise the young girl from Ally McBeal in it, she was the daughter of Ally in the series and now she is all grown up!
I am glad you like my taste!

Rachel said...

Hayden Pantierre. She and Hiro Nakamura (sp?) are my two favorite characters.
You can't miss an episode or you might get lost but you can always watch them online.
Seriously. I have very similar taste in TV so I can't recommend it enough.

ANON1 said...

Look for me live at the Superbowl on Sunday...20 YARD LINE!

Erica said...

Anon1, you are back! I cannot watch the Superbowl, they don't do it here in the UK, but have fun!!!

Tinsie said...

Heroes is good. Not as good as Galactica though ;-)
In any case, you'll be able to fit either (or both) in soon, as the O.C. is finishing for good at the end of this season.

Rachel said...

I don't think Jericho made it more than one season. I haven't heard anything about it recently.

Erica said...

Tinsie - yes, I am aware the OC has been cancelled, which is just as well, I don't know how they could have gone on from there. AHH, I miss the days of Dawson's Creek!

Rachel - Also Jericho could not do another season, it seems to be a series that could work only once! I saw the last episode of Grey's Anatomy on Thursday, how sad that Denny had to die. That episode was amazing though, so many beautiful scenes. I cannot wait for the third series!